Probiotics suggestions? (UK)

So I’ve noticed that I am VERY sensitive to gluten, something I only found out lately when a bowl of oats put me on the sofa with crippling exhaustion. I know oats don’t naturally contain gluten, but there’s a high chance for cross contamination. I also noticed a pork sausage with yeast also put me on the sofa with crippling exhaustion minutes after consuming.

Since cutting out gluten and starting a ketogenic diet (one week today) I have noticed a positive increase in energy and mental energy.

However, I have been advised to look into probiotics to treat Candida problems. I don’t have much experience with Candida/yeast overgrowth or treating it with probiotics. I’m taking 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily (fat which helps Keto).

I’ve had this nagging painful rash under my armpit for around a week, and it kind of smells also. I’m assuming it’s something to do with Candida or something of the kind. Although the pain has gone, it’s very itchy and still red.

So I want to use as much tools as I can for Candida. Can anyone recommend what probiotics are good for this situation with someone with ME/CFS?

Cheers.

So I’ve noticed that I am VERY sensitive to gluten, something I only found out lately when a bowl of oats put me on the sofa with crippling exhaustion. I know oats don’t naturally contain gluten, but there’s a high chance for cross contamination. I also noticed a pork sausage with yeast also put me on the sofa with crippling exhaustion minutes after consuming.

Since cutting out gluten and starting a ketogenic diet (one week today) I have noticed a positive increase in energy and mental energy.

However, I have been advised to look into probiotics to treat Candida problems. I don’t have much experience with Candida/yeast overgrowth or treating it with probiotics. I’m taking 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily (fat which helps Keto).

I’ve had this nagging painful rash under my armpit for around a week, and it kind of smells also. I’m assuming it’s something to do with Candida or something of the kind. Although the pain has gone, it’s very itchy and still red.

So I want to use as much tools as I can for Candida. Can anyone recommend what probiotics are good for this situation with someone with ME/CFS?

Cheers.
Hi sorry cant help with the probiotic food list though my daughter got some info off dr google...i just had nasty blistery rash with pain itching and numbness..the practice nurse mentioned a fungal problem but after doing a bit of research and finding some matching symptoms and pic of rash..looks like it was shingles but mine didnt have a smell...wondered if youd considered this...good luck

Cheers.
You could try OTC Canesten cream for the rash. I suggested this to my MIL who had the same thing a few years ago and it worked a treat on her.

Re probiotics, Safe Remedies (online company with great products) do a really good full spectrum one called Probiotic 14 that seems very gentle and effective. I react to other probiotic supplements but not to this one.

Or you could try Biocare or Biokult, both usually available from good health food shops.

IF you can tolerate kimchi it is a great natural probiotic. I can't stand it! It is available in most grocery stores. If not in your area try a Korean grocery store.

I take https://drtobias.com/our-products/product-detail-deep-immune/
This company also has a Candida formula but I am afraid that is very strong although it is supplemented with things to make the die off more comfortable, according to their website.

My skin has cleared up so much and a toenail I was losing to fungus has begun to grow back. This has been a very slow process for me. I have not missed a day of my probiotics in 16 months. I do attribute my feeling better, in part, to healing my gut. Over time I can eat things with hidden gluten and not do too bad. Sugar and high fructose corn syrup remains a problem.

I add a prebiotic when I am not able to eat enough vegetables, and Saccharomyces boulardii when I get swelling or a lot of gas in the belly area.

Hope that helps some! All the best!

Last edited:

Plum

Optibac are a good multi-strain. So are Biokult. I can't remember how many billion in each. I take Biocare which is fewer strains but higher number. They post to you too.
I got a nasty armpit rash when I tried changing to a natural deodorant. I'm fine on the cheap stuff!

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Digestive enzymes can help when dealing with yeast:
http://www.enzymestuff.com/conditionbacteria.htm
"Many people dealing with yeast have found that combining an anti-fungal with a yeast enzyme product gives a powerful synergistic effect on yeast. The enzymes breakdown the coating and the anti-fungals can act more quickly and effectively in destroying yeast cells. In addition, protease enzymes can help reduce die-off discomfort because they can further breakdown the waste and residue by the dead yeast cells."

Wow @PatJ I just spent an hour on that link you posted! Thank you!
My son has asperger's and my daughter has ADD. There are so many connections I am seeing! I am already giving my daughter probiotics and her Teen Girl multivitamin has many of the supplements they suggest for ADD.

Great Link!